Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Daily Bread

On a fairly regular basis, I bake bread for my daughters lunch.
I use the basic recipe from "Artsian Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" with a slight alteration at the end..
It looks like this:


The big bucket is regular flour, I mix it with the Better for Bread flour. In this picture, I've already started. You can see the yeast and water in my bowl. =) After that, add salt and flour(s). Mix it up.


 Yeah, so "5 Minutes a Day" isn't exactly true... Now that it's mixed you need to wait for it to rise.

For two hours.


In the book, you divide this into three parts, and make three loaves, called "boules". I don't do that. I split it into two parts, oil some baking dishes.


And put 'em in there. =) And wait some more... About 40 minutes. (I just don't get the "5 minutes" part!)


Looking good! You need to sprinkle a little flour on top, and cut them down the center.


Then I bake them for an hour. In a half hour, if I remember, I turn them around because they have a tendancy of baking together.


Just like they did today, because I forgot. Funny-looking, but yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment