Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here's what's new...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. (I notice that I say that far too often! I'll work on that.)
Here's what I've been doing instead...

My daughter and I have joined the Boy Scouts of America. Yep, we're girl Boy Scouts! It's called "Venture Crew" and it's a co-ed, high adventure themed troop. It's run by the kids themselves, adding just a *little* bit of extra chaos to my life. Actually, the kids aren't bad at all, it's the leader of the troop, who is chaotic-good. (Geek alert! Dungeons & Dragons reference. =D)

Right now, they're planning a scuba-diving trip for next summer. So, we've been taking scuba lessons! It's kept us pretty busy in classes after school, and diving in the pool all day last Thursday.

They're planning several fund-raisers for the trip, including baby-sitting nights between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so parents can go shopping without distraction. In the spirit of things, my daughter has signed up for the Red Cross Babysitting course. Wish her luck!

The only thing we have left to do is the outdoor dives. We have to do 4 dives, under 20 feet, for at least 20 minutes. It looks like we'll get some of that done this weekend. I think the plan is 2 dives on Saturday, but Sunday is still up in the air. (Ha-ha!)

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I was in the water too! I'll try to get some on Saturday. =)

I've also signed myself up for weaving classes, and my girlfriend Sally had offered me a free floor loom! Sweet! Again, pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment