Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Last Two Done

Well, I guess you can tell that I haven't been here for awhile. =/


Front hive:


Small cluster but they look fine.


Trouble! No honey, just nectar.


Should I combine this hive with another?


Closed the hive up, and put on the mouse guard.


Next hive:


Whoa. Many more bees here!


And honey too!


But will there be enough to carry them through the winter?


Would there be enough, if I combined the other hive with this one?


I'd have to find the queen, and I think they may have replaced her. =/


Closed up and done, guarded from the mice. Still a little mad at me, but they calm down quickly.


Pulled a few weeds while I was there. Looks much better. It's the hive on the left that has honey. I also don't like how the tops don't sit flat with the sugar board in. Imirie shims are on order to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment