Friday, April 4, 2014

Strawberries

Found some strawberries on sale so naturally, I had to buy too many and make jam.




Hot jars above, and hot lids and rubbers below.


Strawberries, sugar and pectin boiling.


Then wipe the jars, put on the tops, and process in boiling water for 10 minutes.


These are Weck jars that I picked up at a garage sale last fall.


Sad to say, I didn't get enough berries, so I only made a half batch. Wound up with 4 jars, and I box of strawberries leftover...

Can't have leftover berries!

Mixed the leftover strawberries with some leftover blueberries that I had in the fridge... Didn't quite have enough, so I added an apple.

Made 4 more jars of a mixed fruit jam. Yum!


As you can see, they're not quite all the way full, but that's OK, I'll eat that one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment