Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Plums!

They are so very ready! I just looked at one, and it came away in my hand! (Sorry Mom, I looked with my hands, not just my eyes!)


They're still small, but soft and juicy. I could never get a plum this ripe from the store. =)


Yum, yum, yummy! It was very sweet and flavorful. I know what my breakfast will be for awhile.


The pit was also small, so I was worried about the size for no reason. (I thought they'd be all pit, and no plum.) I do wonder though, is it small because it's a young tree? Or is it small because of the type of plum that it is? (Which could be Burbank or Methley. Thanks for marking my tree twice, Lowes!) Methley is supposed to be "medium to large", and Burbank is touted as "very large".

Any plum growers out there know the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment