Friday, August 16, 2013

Tag Sale Day! (And Highlights of the Week)

 Monday was bee day, so after spending some time with Gabrielle and her hives, I took a look at the Taylor hive. It's been pretty much left alone this summer, I have added supers and a feeder, and even fed them sometimes, but definitely not as much as the other girls.

 They still look pretty darn good. =)

 Lots of bees... 

Lots of brood...


Plenty of nectar...


And even some honey.


Here's a bit of pollen and bee bread. I just love all the colors. =) I guess I'm easy to please!


So once I got them all riled up,


It was time to put them away. Just a nice was to spend a day.

On Thursday, my beautiful daughter dyed her hair!



Yowza!



We all spent some time in the sun while it set. This is "Stormy" a little guy that I sit for. =)


 That's when I noticed my single "Black Maderia" fig has finally opened up! I could swear I took pictures, but I can't find them right now. So I'll have to take more tomorrow, and get them posted... If I remember!

Then we rinsed the dye out...


 BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And went Halloween shopping with Daniel, the next Stephen King. (So not kidding!)


It's a little early, and Spirit Halloween doesn't have any coupons yet, so we didn't come home with anything but ideas. I'll have to save them for a future post. =)

Which brings us to today, and the tag sale. My daughter and her friend Olivia, wanted some "Faygo" soda, which could only be found a 45 minute drive away...



 I grabbed my friend Sally, and off on the adventure we went! Somewhere along the way we spotted a tag sale and stopped to take a look around. (Sorry no pics, that would have been a little creepy.) Beautiful house, lots of very expensive junk that I didn't need, and one slightly mangled KitchenAid box. 0_0


  It was full of other junk, some cuisinart blades and directions, birthday candles and a rubber glove. (WTF?) But nestled in that box was the pasta press, all the parts intact. I'll let the next picture do my bragging for me:

The only thing it needs is the booklet of directions. I know I can get a copy online, if I want to print out all 72 pages! (Well, maybe when I'm feeling full of ink I'll do it.) It did, however, come with the direction booklet for the stand mixer, which I never got with my mixer. I'm feeling well chuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment