Wednesday, July 10, 2013

End of June, Bees

Since I was on vacation in my hometown, I was able to take care of my bees as usual.

These are the splits I made from my original two hives. These hives are at the Walkers' house.
Everything looks good so far. I put the nuc of bees into it's own deep super.

 And I found and marked both new queens! I'm so excited, this is the first time I've ever done splits, and they look pretty good, so far.

I did make a mess of the paint job though. My red paint pen was very runny, and my gloves are covered in pink paint too.

I hope it doesn't bother the bees too much. I really hope I haven't messed anything up for my queens!

This is what they look like now:

Later, I went to check on the hives that I pulled the splits from.

Not too over-crowded, check!

Making some wonderful honey, check!

And, starting to draw out the new comb, check!

I alternated the new comb with the drawn comb, we'll have to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment