Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Resolutions Update, Halfway Through

Maybe not halfway through the list, but halfway through the year. =)

1. Learn to make soap. I have some molds, I have some books. I just need to do it.
2. Make laundry soap with homemade soap. Not necessarily my own homemade soap, I have some that I bought and that will work fine. =) DONE! On 5-28-2013 and 5-31-13 
3. Learn to make saurkraut or kimchi. Just ferment something! DONE! On 5-15-2013 
4. Learn how to read my Almanac. Seriously, why keep buying it otherwise?
5. Knit socks. Yeah, I need to learn more than just knit and purl. Learning!
6. Refinish kerosene heater. It would be so great to use it!
7. Make mozzerella cheese. I bought the stuff, I just need the milk from Bina. =)
8. Make mead. I have some of the equipment, but not the 24lbs of honey. (Yet!) Update: I think I now have ALL of the equipment, just waiting on the honey.
9. Take a drop-spindle lesson at New Pond Farm. (I just took a spinning class on a wheel.)
10. Finish sewing my apron. Shouldn't be too hard. If I can find it, that is.
11. Learn how to crochet.
12. Tap the maple trees and make maple syrup. Which will involve learning which ones are maple trees, without the leaves to tell me. *sigh* I should have marked them in the summer. Update: It's summer, go mark the trees!
13. Take a yarn dying class at New Pond Farm. 
14. Work on starting a fire with my flint and striker.
15. Finish the denim quilt.
16. Learn how to use the pressure cooker. Well, really, just use it.
17. Trim goat hooves the next time you sit for them. Haven't been called to sit for them yet. 
18. Finish something on the beading loom.
19. Make recycled glass into birdbaths. DONE! On 5-18-13  And sold one too!
20. From Granny Miller, learn 10 new recipes. I've made a list, subject to change.

1. Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Already changed to Cream of Broccoli Soup, and I made it once already. So good!DONE! On 1-9-2013 
2. Tapenade I love it so, and I got myself a food processor for Christmas. DONE! On 2-9-2013 
3. Tomato Sauce
4. Ketchup
5. Mayo
6. Pasta
7. Guacamole. Kind of basic stuff so far... But if I add the things from my list above,
8. Saurkraut or kimchi. I fermented, something! DONE! On 5-15-2013 
9. Mozzerella cheese
10. Mead 

Looks like I have a lot still to do, but that's OK, the adventure is in the doing. =)

Also, I'm house-sitting right now. So I can't upload my pictures. =( That's why I've been so quiet lately. Rest assured, I have been busy moving bees and taking classes. One more week in this beautiful home, and I'll be back to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment